Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hi all and Happy New Year to you all, I hope you guys had a wonderful holiday season.  Now the shopping, presents and making preparations for the holiday dinners hoopla is over, we can get back to the business of getting back on track, especially with the management of good health with CKD and dialysis of course.  I don't know if you are anything like me, I have marked the  holidays as the time, when I do get a little naughty with my renal diet, and yes  I ate over the so called (eat in moderation), (lol), I even ate Mac and Cheese a couple of times, yeah! I said it, don't be surprised, I still adore Macaroni and Cheese, and I make a mean mac and cheese casserole, but I did take a few extra phosphorus binders to be on the safe side (you know our enemy Phosphorus!, Itch! Itch! need I say more).  Though I might have overindulged on the christmas as well as the New Year feast, I went to the unit for my scheduled monthly lab draw and EPO injection on Friday, and I do hope that my lab report comes back in normal range, but I won't know this until sometime next week, so it is all good.  I did however began to eat a little more healthier, after New Year, and of course, I did make that very same New Years resolution, I have for last 23 yrs of living this way, (I will be more compliant with my renal diet, as well as my medication regiment), but I started off wrong for the New Year with my medication regiment.  Just a few days ago, I woked up one morning, and did the usual, I slowly rised from my bed, as to not tumble over from one of those dizzy spells, as I do suffer from vertigo, I know what you thinking some of you, if it is one thing, it is another, my sentiments exactly, (I can't win for losing, it is enough I have ESRD, congestive heart failure, four bleeding stomach ulcers, RA in my left hand, and other health issues, from prolonged dialysis, but no worries, and dialysis is not the end of the world, so what! big dilly woo! right! life goes on and we all have challenges that we must face sometime in our lives, we are always being tested on some aspect of our lives, whether it be health, financial or our personal happiness, that is why I say I wish everyone a Happy, Health and Prosperous New Year always), Well after rising, I continued and did the next thing to Godliness, (you know), and my husband fixed a nice breakfast with two eggs (in which I so desperately need, because my proteins have very much been in question (on the low side of norm) and of course a couple of breakfast link sausages and some apple sauce on the side, I also had a protein drink as well, but when I attempted to take my usual phosphorus binders, I was finding it very difficult to swallow them, I kept gaging and for some reason, I throw them back up, well I have been taking phosphorus binders for well over two decades now, and I never had this problem before, it was evidence, that I was tired of taking these large phosphorus binders, but reality popped back into my head, and I said to myself, I know I need to take these binders, especially if I don't want my phosphorus levels to rise, and then I start having those darn itching attacks, that I have experienced in the past, so I decided that the binders weren't going down, because the water was a little too cold, and it was best that I start taking them with room temperature water, and it worked, but I can't for the life of me, understand that after all this time, I can't take these binders with cold water anymore.  Do any of you guys that have taken medication for many years, all of a sudden, they don't seem to want to go down anymore.  Do please chime in with your thoughts, experiences or concerns about my experience( you know the pill taking).  Well that is it for now, until my next blog, stay as compliant as you can with your renal diet and medication regiment. .  Oh, my 2nd book - "My Twenty Year Journey with PKD in the Dialysis World" is available on ebook.  You can google my entire name and their will be varies online bookstores that have discounted my books.
take care and all the best to all my followers.
Glo

5 comments:

  1. Hey! :)

    We just launched Fairfield bookoo - it's a massive online yard sale for Fairfield and surrounding areas.- Thousands of people buying and selling used stuff from each other, in a fun, family-friendly way! :)

    We're getting the word out to some local bloggers, and would like to send you a free bookoo t-shirt (no strings attached!). If you would like a free t-shirt, will you send me an email at kellin@bookoo.com with your address and shirt size? I'll get it out to you right away!

    Check out the website:

    http://fairfield.bookoo.com/


    Thanks!
    Kellin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quality of your articles and contents is great.

    Renal test online

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would have made the author so happy to read this, you can find more of her insightful words through her books, Take care.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad the author's words lifted your spirits and provided amazing information to you. Her books are extension of what she left here on Earth. I'm sure she is smiling down with joy as I type this. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In March 2017, Dr. Bryan Bailey, D.D.S. an Oral Surgeon in Amarillo, TX removed my4 oral implants, the rest of the screw that was left in my mouth in June 2016,and the crowns that covered 5 of my front lower teeth. The metals in my mouth had corroded and were described as if I had a car battery in my mouth with the electrical current sand saliva. I had significant bone loss in my lower mandible once again. My dentist constructed a temporary partial plate made out of nylon and plastic to see if I noticed a difference after the metal was all removed. I used Dr Itua herbal medicines before and after surgery to help with pain and used to cure my genital herpes as well and Strontium to supplement my body. My body has healed very well and Dr Itua herbal supplement helps boost my immune system. I also had a very dry mouth before this surgery, and now I don’t have dry mouth.
    As of right now, I feel as though I am on the right track to healing and I like to share Dr Itua contact on here for everyone can see more research being done , Dr Itua knowledge is from God to use natural remedy to increase our quality of life without side effect and to put an end to all the symptom. Help share this across all health blogs Dr Itua Email contact drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I want patients to learn about natural healing and also learn how to manage the symptoms in ways that are beneficial to our bodies as a whole!
    Dr Itua can cure herpes, Parkinson, ALS, hepatitis, infertility, HIV, HPV, lupus, ms, kidney disease, diabetes, cancers and other health problems you may encounter.

    ReplyDelete